Any Experience with Aqueon Evolve Aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BarleyBear

Aquarium Advice Activist
In early February, I'll be receiving my special-order betta from Thailand. He'll be going in a 12 gallon community tank (with cardinal tetras, cory cat, small pleco, some snails, and lots of plants).

Since he's costing me a bit, I want to set up a backup tank in case there are any issues with the tetras or surface air in the primary tank. The 12 gallon is a Fluval edge--there's an opening for air, and owners have reported their bettas are fine at finding it, but just in case I want a backup plan. And I want to get the tank set up and get it cycling soon.

I'm trying to decide between the Fluval Spec and an Aqueon Evolve. I'm leaning towards the Evolve because I can get one that's 4 gallons or 8 gallons versus the Fluval's 2 gallons. If everything goes fine in the primary tank, then I might get a second betta to go in the backup later on.

What experience have peopled had here with the Aqueon Evolve?

my roommate got the aqueon evolve 2 gallon for her betta and the filter was way to much flow for him. she ended up having to just leave it off cause he would get blown around the tank.

I've read that the filter flow is too strong. I've read how people have worked around it, though. I'd be willing to do some DIY work on it.

Advice on DIY?

I've read that the filter flow is too strong. I've read how people have worked around it, though. I'd be willing to do some DIY work on it.

Hey chris! Howd you pull it off? Ive got this filter and my betta is getting rocked...can u help? Thanks!

Hi. I actually ended up getting a Fluval Edge 6 gallon, instead. And my betta had no problems in the 12 with the tetras, so I'm doing an iwagumi style tank in the 6.

Ask around about doing a mod on the filter. I think you can put a piece of plastic at the outflow to slow the water down. Also, a per-filter sponge (around the intake) might slow the flow down, too.

Back
Top Bottom