Anybody have comments on MIcropump 104 (Zoo-Med)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Take a look. I am thinking about gettign this for my 10gallon reef tank. It is called MIcropump 104 (30-60 Gal/H) (Zoo-Med).

I liek it cause it appears to be very small and it have low flow settings. I currently have a small 400 series Rio pump and it is jsut too much flow. I think it is liek 146GPM or somehting like that.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Product...ate+Silicate/T1/R64AX 0495 0187/Itemdy00.aspx

Let me know what you guys and girls think about this and if this would be a good thing to get.

What are you using it for? If it’s for tank circulation I would get the Powersweep 214 since it’s rotating action will provide better currents. It’s kind of large but other then that it’s a good powerhead for smaller tanks. Also the 160 gph flow rate is severely hampered by the back and forth motion and can be dialed back if needed.

No way. Like the idea of havign it rotate but that is way too much flow for a ten gallon tank. I already have a HOB filter and a Seaclone 100 Skommer on the back with maxijet pump on it. SO I get flow from top to bottom. Need left to right flwo and to break up the flow out of the skimmer. My current rio is soo much so goign larger is even worse.

Seems too big

Flow from the skimmer doesn’t count much and depending on how much flow you get from your hob unit you still want to aim for around 20 times turn over for your tank per hour for a reef tank.

I agree the ph I linked to is a bit of a monster at 4” but the flow is pretty weak and can be turned down easily with a control knob on top. The pump you have linked should do the job but I’m thinking the flow isn’t going to do much for your tank.

Well the skimmer I have creates the most flow i nthe tank. It pushes water all the way to the front of the tank and then down and out. When I turn my current PH on it negates some of this cause it hits that flow at a 90degree angle. But it seems liek with that powerhead on I have too much flow i nthe tank.

What I am thinkign with a lower flow pump liek the one I am looking at is I can set it up anywhere cause it is so small and easy to place. I can then have it push water directly on a specific are or on a specific coral. YEah it might not be enough to circulate water across the tank and back around but I think betwen the HOB skimmer and the HOB filter and this small PH I will have plenty of flow.

On;ly thing I currently have that is supposed to like moderate to high flow is a sand polyup but I had to move it due to the fact that it was either in too high a flow area or the lighing was too much for it near the top of the tank.

Right now I am between the one I posted of the this one:

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=32394;category_id=3297;pcid1=2181;pcid2=

Tell me what you thnk I should get?

Both look good IMO for what you are going to use it for. It’s a shame that neither lists the dimensions of the pump :( I’d go with the smaller of the two if known due to your tank size.

Thanks.

I think since I moved my sand polyups I might wait another week to see if the current pump still creates too much flow or if I can work it into the equation.

Will make a decision next week on it.

I am also goign to be gettign a pulsign zenia and a leather so they might need a little less direct flow and could mean gettign that other pumps is a better idea.

In a 10 gallon you run out of space fast. Can't wait to get a house and do a 75 or 90 gallon tank with sump and fuge

Back
Top Bottom