anyone know where to get these filters???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

booshaka

Aquarium Advice Newbie
got a regent series 135 filter. but no where i look can i find filters for it. anyone know where i can get one? photos below.
img_2993216_0_b01c53bbaffa404be3a588b75fbaeace.jpg

img_2993216_1_301777f4c2ac70c912ffc2d34547aaa5.jpg

Regent? Looks like the thing I got in a kit from walmart 5 years ago haha.

1. I think a marineland penguin or tetra wisper filter will work. Worth a shot.

2. Honestly id really just ditch the whole thing and get a Fluval C2 3 or 4 (or an aquaclear but i dont like those). You can remove JUST the carbon if needed and you have way more surface area for bacteria to grow.

lol ya i got it at walmart years ago. ill check out the tetra whisper filters and if those dont work, ill just switch out to another filter.

you could cut your own filters or use sponges, and use some purigen instead of the carbon filter
I have also used pot scrubbers in this type of filter

yeah I think its the penguin filter, I got one on accident and they looked exactly like that one, don't know what size tho. Cascade might work too. The issue with those walmart things is they don't have any biological material and with only one filter when u change it ur replacing everything, most HOB filter at least have a bio sponge or something that you leave in there, and there is no way to remove the carbon for medicinal treatments. The Fluval's have a separate wet rack with bio material and a separate filter and carbon try, so do aquaclears but I find the little bags a PITA.

Back
Top Bottom