Anyone out there running Coralife 72" Aqualight Pro 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaCJ07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Howzit...I am new to AquariumAdvice. Everyone seems to be very helpful and informative on this site, so I decided to join and get some help and hopefully help others later. So, I just recently purchased this light setup for my 180g saltwater tank. It is the 72" Coralife Aqualight Pro (3)150w x (4)96w Actinic PC x (4)1w Lunars. I know that it is a lil' too late (since I already ordered and purchased it) is this a good light for me? Also, what kind of corals, clams, etc. can I have with this kind of lighting? My tank is the standard 180g (72"x24"x24"). It comes with 10k bulbs, but I plan to change them to 14k to get a lil bluer.(is that right?) I don't want to get the 20k blue, so I figure the 14k will be good or should I stick with the 10k. Also for future reference, what is a good brand for quality and color for replacement bulbs? I here Reeflux is good. How are the 12k's? Please help me out :) Thanks for the advice...

Welcome to AA :D (moved to hardware forum)

(I bold all my links)

With 834W of light most medium light corals would be fine.

Since all your PC lighting is Actinic 12K or 14K bulbs would be fine IMO. 14K might be too blue for your tastes but it's really a matter of personal preference.

Good site for color comparisons.

If you’re new to keeping a SW tank then checkout my "Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank" post that has all the equipment listed that you will need and maintenance tips to help you enjoy your SW tank. It's a long read but will help answer all the basic questions.

More helpful info:

If looking for cheap live rock checkout intmarinefish.com or www.exoticfish.com which has lr for as little as $2-$3 per lb shipped

Couple of more places with quality lr:
www.liverocknreef.com
www.liveaquaria.com
www.tampabaysaltwater.com

For base rock checkout Marco's base rock (limited supply varies monthly) or Reeferrock. You can buy mostly base rock ($1-$2 per lb) and seed with 25+% live rock and it will all be "live" within a year or so.

Post on feeding requirements of SW fish.

Once you get your equipment/stock filling out your button by updating your button (scroll about half way) will help provide the necessary equipment list and fish/inverts so people can better answer any questions you might have in the future. Also while in the profile screen if you want to see signatures you have to check it as it's off by default.

Lastly to quickly search the posts you have made and replied to I would bookmark your egosearch.

Thanks tecwzrd for the advice. I will definitely check out those site as well as your posting. Is there a listing as to what medium corals I can put in my tank? Does that mean I can't have any sps or clams?

Doesn't the CoralLife AquaLite Pro come with Four 96 watt True Actinic 03 Blue square-pin compact fluorescent lamps? /These should give you the blue you are looking for possibly eliminating the need for 14k MH. Since the bulbs come with the set I would first see how they display in the tank prior to changing.

Back
Top Bottom