Anyone use or have a RIO Hyperflow pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm i have 2 rios that im very happy with when did the HF's come out? I have a 3100 & 2100 on my tank and want to upgrade eventually.

I have no idea when they came out, but I have had my HF20 (it is suppose to be HF I made a typo above) for about 3-4 months now, it has been great, I have had no problems with it. I find it to be a fairly no-maintenance pump, I have cleaned mine twice, and the second time I only did it because I was working in the sump already.

Mine is a 750 gal display with a 20gal long sump/fuge

And also keep in mind that the water flow is reduced as it has a head height of about 4 feet (not including bends etc.)

I have the Rio 4HF, and I use it as my main power head in my 55 gal. and so far its about the best Ive used so far. When I first got it I thought it might be too much, but I'm starting to believe it may be all I need for my surface aggitation. ( But what do I know I havn't tried to swim inside the tank......yet! :| M Rako

I just ordered 2 HF 17's for my new 120g. I am going to run them so I don't have to use powerheads in the tank itself. These will be in the new 33g sump I got, so I am glad to hear everyone that purchased them has been successful so far.

Max - 750 gal display? man alive! 8O How about some pictures?

Mike

Max means a 75gal tank not 750....LOL :lol: That would be nice though 750gal! Salttanker, i thought about buying them also for my returns i have a RIO 3100 and 2100 now for my 2 return pumps. I would like to get just 1 pump to do my 125gal tank but i dont think that would be enough. I dont want to have powerheads in my tank either but acro's and montiporas require alot of water movement and it kinda stinks have to put them close to the returns....Although i could use a spraybar i suppose....

LOL, oops! Thanks gooyferret thats what I meant ... it was only a small mistake on my end. lol

Well yes indeed I did mean 75 gal, a pet store owner in town has a 1000gal I have yet to see this beast! But actually in the future I plan on having a 1000 (at least, preferably 2000) live rock growing tank, as well as several coral prop tanks. Keep in mind these wont be glass, nor will they be very pretty. But they will serve their purpose. :)

lol is ok man im just here to cover up for ya! :lol: Max you live in WI? thats cool im from MN so we are fairly close....good to see someone in the hobby around me! You have any pics of your tank at all?

yeah but I am going to work now... I'll be back around 8 ish (no, its not a rediculously long work day, I have class after work ;) )

It kinda sucks that i know this now, my girlfriend just moved back from minnesota, and when I say JUST I mean like she got back this past Thursday. She lived in the twin cities. She is also a fish *geek* lol but freshwater. I actually gave her my domino damsel this friday, so now she has 10 gal of saltwater. But she already has like 200g of freshwater, not including her pond.

I would also get you current pictures, but right now I am trying to get rid of my 3 damsels... and if you have ever tried to do this... you know it can REALLY turn your tank into a mess :roll:

here are some pictures of my tank recently, it has since gone through a makeover. I just added a small frag grow out egg crate thing that hangs on my overflow. I have lowered the shelf in my sump about 6 inches to accomodate my ASM G2. I'll try to get some pictures once I get these damsels out

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=50699&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

the pictures start about half way down, and they dont include my newest additions (2 clownfish and my first coral)

I lied it was a rediculously long work day... 11 hours... I had no idea it would last that long. I work for a production company based here in West Allis we get new shows in daily... sometimes we go into the day thinking we'll be done by our 2:30 break only to find out around lunch (or sometimes later) that we have a show that has to be out in a few hours. I will get some pictures later, My tank light is off ( I would have gotten pics if I had been home around 6-ish) but then again I hope to re-arrange things before I attempt to take any good photos.

-Max

Ya getting any fish outta a tank is a big mess. I had to tear apart my 58gal once to get a tang out. That was a long journey. GL

Back
Top Bottom