API Filstar XPM filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nortzy21

Aquarium Advice Activist
So.......about two years ago I purchased a API filstar Xpm filter online for my 75g turtle tank. For as long as it worked, I was very pleased with it. It did a great job and was powerful. Then one day about a year ago my water level was lower than the intake which was my fault. As you have probably already guessed, the pump ran dry for at least a couple hours which busted it. Since that happened, I haven't done anything with the filter. All I've tried is plugging it back in with no luck. Instead of buying a new filter I am finally reconsidering fixing that thing. I know that I'll need to buy a new pump for the filter which is the most expensive part. I want to know where I can get one. Also, could the problem be the impeller? Do i just need a new impeller?

I really appreciate any advice/input!

Thanks,
Sam

I actually just pulled out the owners manual and found that the filter has a 2 year warranty. I'm going to try and call and see if I can get a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom