api high range ph test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i tested my sw tank(full of tap water atm not put together etc. the high rang test not sure if it registers ikno my tap is bewteen 6 6.5 all this tank has is carbisea argonite sand heres pic

The high range is prob only gonna help you when you get salt in there.

Is that next on your list or a heater?

i think salt then heater ikno its only good when salts in there but the bag said somethin bout a Ph buffer i think so i decided to test it

Hmm it depends on how fast you can get some money together. You need salt, heater, rock and a api test kit. You could prob cycle without the rock I would think. it will take a few weeks to build up bacteria anyways. Perfect world I'd say put it all in to cycle but i wanna see some action. lol

carey said:
Hmm it depends on how fast you can get some money together. You need salt, heater, rock and a api test kit. You could prob cycle without the rock I would think. it will take a few weeks to build up bacteria anyways. Perfect world I'd say put it all in to cycle but i wanna see some action. lol

you and me both i think il go salt heater start cycle base rock then test kit il blind cycle for a bit bad idea yes but iknow how the cycle works and il have the trite trate strips worst comes to worst il buy ammo strips if it gets to the point where its been to long without kit thts not bad idea right?

if you buy anything for ammonia I'd get the api single ammonia test. Youll get another set in the api master kit but its gonna be needed at first the most.

Gimme a few days lemme see if i can't find an old heater around. You only have a 10g so it doesnt need to be that big. i wish I had thought to look the other day and saved on shipping. lol i happen to have a bunch of stamps so postage isnt really costing me anything.

How about your parents? They not able to throw you an extra $20 spot or anything? Maybe do some chores that they don't wanna do? We need to get you a job! j/k but it would be easier

lol thata what ive been doin ever other weekend at dads do yard work for a bit n theres 20 bucks i have roughly 15 on me as of right now most i could buy is a small bag of salt i cant ask for money from mom this week she paiid for a class trip ($50) so wish it went twords tank! but its my last yr in middle school. hopefully next weekend il be able to do some yard work for my dad i might not get cash though as he bought me a book darn my love for reading!

Well in my world a book is as important as fish stuff. i love to read, that too is an expensive habit to have. I pay $10 for a book and it's read in 3 hours or less. At least the fish are lasting.

Well you should be set in a week or two for cycling. Thats not soo bad. I'm a impatient person too, I have to wait til wednesday for my new biocube and the wait is killing me.

**Save the $15.

lol i kknow how you feel ive had this planed for so long and the balls finially rolling im developing paitence slowly mainly because the care pack made ot feel like christmass day lol im such a aquarium nerd i was estatic when i bought the sand.

I'm the same way. I get all excited when ups comes cause theres usually a fish related item to play with. lol

Once the setup costs are covered it will just be water, fish and salt. :-D

lol should i buy the fixtur before or after fish i dont plan on corals untill at least 2-3 months till the last fish are added

on a side note its either the whole test kit at once or ammo strips they dont sell the individual liquid test just my luck right? im gonna buy a sw master online from amazon or mabye dr f&s iknow there much cheaper there then at my lfs 33 bucks compared to 19 on Amazon im just worried about price of shipping makeing it equal to or more than buyin in store

carey said:
Do you have a stock hood with lights? i wouldn't worry about lighting til your ready for corals.

no hood at all they were chargein 29.99 for a 10g with light outrageous! they sell perfect hoods for a 10g around 15bucks if need be i was wondering if i could buy one and use it if its a 2 bulb fixture insted of the current usa i really want corals so thats probably a now on the perfecto fixture though

on a side note its either the whole test kit at once or ammo strips they dont sell the individual liquid test just my luck right? im gonna buy a sw master online from amazon or mabye dr f&s iknow there much cheaper there then at my lfs 33 bucks compared to 19 on Amazon im just worried about price of shipping makeing it equal to or more than buyin in store

Wait for the whole kit then. If you spend $25 on amazon its usually free shipping, if its not an outside seller on amazon. I buy alot of stuff there but I have prime membership so its always free shipping for me.

yeah i think the waitin a better idea shipping would have put it over the edge price wise. what should i do about my lighting situation im kinda sol arent i

Back
Top Bottom