Api nitrite liquid test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a nitrite test kit since I ran out. The color chart is completely different. Did they change the chart and or drops?

Hondatek said:
I just got a nitrite test kit since I ran out. The color chart is completely different. Did they change the chart and or drops?

In pretty sure they changed the card. Instead of one card, there's multiple cards for each test, right? Are the colors different?

This is what it looks like.the higher numbers are different. I have about 10 cards for everything but nitrite. test finally ran out so I just got the replacement not a kit.

It looks like they made it easier to tell what your reading is. Those purple look very similar.

I noticed that and they did it for Nitrates also.

View attachment 70104

Notice the new chart on the right. The 10-20 are little darker...

Also in the new chart the 20,40 and 80 all look the same. Banging my head...

Last edited:
George9 said:
It looks like they made it easier to tell what your reading is. Those purple look very similar.

Extremely hard to tell them apart on the old chart. I have a tank that's almost at the end of the cycle and the old test show my trites the same for a week and the new one is showing that it has dropped a whole point in 12 hours.

Yeah, i always had problems telling the colors apart on API test. Opted for redsea kits instead. Much easier to tell.

The red sea kits especially the "pro" ones are better as are the salifert (*spelling?) test kits.

The red sea uses a color wheel which is easier to tell. Also it has a low and a high range test which helps a lot. Much much better than the API tests. I just use the API test for a quick check to make sure it's not "in the red". Otherwise, I use the red sea test.

Back
Top Bottom