Aqauirum not level.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Entropian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a 20 gallon high Marineland aquarium and now that I have got the tank completely filled. I noticed that there is about a 1/3 inch difference between the water level between the left and right Do you think the tank will be fine? The base is on a steel stand that is straight it's the floor that is tilted.

If you are concerned enough to create an account and ask the question, for peace of mind i would shim the stand level.

As long as the tank is fully supported and not twisted in any way you will probably be good, but better safe than sorry.

If you are concerned enough to create an account and ask the question, for peace of mind i would shim the stand level.

As long as the tank is fully supported and not twisted in any way you will probably be good, but better safe than sorry.
You are definitely correct

As someone else suggested, I would shim up the lowest corner. A small shim of wood would do the trick. A 1/3 inch shouldn't be a major problem but it might improve the aesthetics a bit.

Back
Top Bottom