Aqua Clear Filters on Amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I am running the whisper 10 filter in there too to help get it cycling. Would it be better to just throw the insert or sponge into my AC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That would be my move.. seed the new filter faster..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Was just adding the old media to the AC when I noticed a crack in the plastic where it hangs on the tank. It doesn't seem to be leaking but im a bit worried about longevity if that crack widens.

Attachments

• 1406242190857.jpg
    1406242190857.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 58
Crack is bigger than I thought. Goes all the way to the basket.
What luck. Looks like im going to have to return it to petsmart.

Attachments

• 1406242804042.jpg
    1406242804042.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 67
Take it back.if the basket let's go and the pump runs you'll be swimming bro..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can't believe I missed that crack when I did the initial inspection. I have to chalk it up to it being late and just wanting to get it set up already.

I'm definitely taking it back, your right, If that crack opens and the basket lets go, It'll be pumping water behind the tank onto the floor and elecricals.

I can't believe I missed that crack when I did the initial inspection. I have to chalk it up to it being late and just wanting to get it set up already.

I'm definitely taking it back, your right, If that crack opens and the basket lets go, It'll be pumping water behind the tank onto the floor and elecricals.

That stinks about the crack. Yes, it could have been a big mess.
After returning the defective one, inspect the new one in the store before you leave.

Lol..thats exactly what I did..from the interactions with the cashier, I think if I had it for a month they wouldnt of taken it back. But it was one day so all good. When I got back I realized I didnt put the lid back in the box. So I have 2 lids now. I got it hooked back up and working.

Attachments

• 1406257688837.jpg
    1406257688837.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom