Aqua Illumination LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ophthos

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What do you guys think of these LED setups? Are they good? Can they be used for a reef tank?

Talking to an LFS he said it was for everything. I quess you can program the lighting to drift from one side of the tank to the other, then have moon lighting come on at night.

Are they a good "one size fits all"? Do they throw enough light for corals?

I'm starting my first tank in a few months and I'm doing a lot of research now. I'd like a 175 to 200 gal reef tank.

This is similar to the Solaris fixture. They will work for corals but they are very expensive. I mean $2500 for a 4' fixture. That is almost as much as I have in my entire 120g system. If you have the budget to buy those lights then go for it.

roka, the one I would use for my tank size is just over $3,000. OUCH. that's a bit much for lighting. I've been a good boy, but I don't think Santa would say I was THAT good.

there is no way in my right mind i could ever justify spending this much on lighting. I think the only exception would be if i were a scientist working on some big breakthrough discovery or something like that. thats just friggin insane!!!!
do those lights come with room service or something??!!

Back
Top Bottom