Aqua Illumnation and Profilux....OMG!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdaniel2882

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have you guys seen these videos on YouTube? This lighting system is truely amazing!. Each unit BLOWS AWAY a 250W MH. With the Sol Blue option 22000k is easly obtainable with almost the same par as below. Yes there is a little spot light effect but not bad at a depth of 24 inches. 2 should cover a 5' tank and 3 over a 6' I saw 1 in person over a 3' 65 and he had run it at 90% cause it was too bright. The profilux controler makes all others look like garbage.

If you make a wish list of things this combo will do with lighting:

1. Lunar Light Control with moon phase simulation (everybody does this
2. Sunrise and Sun Set with the ability to vary intensity and color throughout the day (i.e. 30min sunrise, gradual increase in intensity & color untill high noon and then ramp back down to a 30 minute sunset.)
3. Cloud simulation (night, day, storm)
4. Thunderstorm mode with random lightning duration and intensity.
5. Season simulation (longer days in the summer shorter in the winter)

This system is the ONLY system that will do all of this. The lights with mount and a Profilux plus II controler for around $1700. Add additional units for $529.

Seems like alot untill you think about the fact you are getting the best controller on the market as well as the light.

The AI's are modular so you should never need to buy another lighting system.

The
perf_par.png

Aqua Illumination and Profilux Tutorial Part VI YouTube - Aqua Illumination and Profilux Tutorial Part VII

If I'm going to spend $1700 on a lighting system, it better darn also light my entire house, cook my dinner, and mow my lawn.

Unless I were to, you know, win the lottery or something between now and then. In which case, I'll be the first one in line for one. :)

If I'm going to spend $1700 on a lighting system, it better darn also light my entire house, cook my dinner, and mow my lawn.

Unless I were to, you know, win the lottery or something between now and then. In which case, I'll be the first one in line for one. :)

I think "mow my lawn" is in the next firmware update:D. I had to have it after I saw it in action. I am setting up a new tank so the cost will only be about $200 more than I was going to spend on lights anyway with MH's T-5's and moon lights that I wanted. I will let you know how well 2 do over my 5' 120

Back
Top Bottom