Have you guys seen these videos on YouTube? This lighting system is truely amazing!. Each unit BLOWS AWAY a 250W MH
. With the Sol Blue option 22000k is easly obtainable with almost the same par as below. Yes there is a little spot light effect but not bad at a depth of 24 inches. 2 should cover a 5' tank and 3 over a 6' I saw 1 in person over a 3' 65 and he had run it at 90% cause it was too bright. The profilux controler makes all others look like garbage.
If you make a wish list of things this combo will do with lighting:
1. Lunar Light Control with moon phase simulation (everybody does this
2. Sunrise and Sun Set with the ability to vary intensity and color throughout the day (i.e. 30min sunrise, gradual increase in intensity & color untill high noon and then ramp back down to a 30 minute sunset.)
3. Cloud simulation (night, day, storm)
4. Thunderstorm mode with random lightning duration and intensity.
5. Season simulation (longer days in the summer shorter in the winter)
This system is the ONLY system that will do all of this. The lights with mount and a Profilux plus II controler for around $1700. Add additional units for $529.
Seems like alot untill you think about the fact you are getting the best controller on the market as well as the light.
The AI's are modular so you should never need to buy another lighting system.
YouTube - Aqua Illumination and Profilux Tutorial Part VII