AquaC Remora question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VAguy39

Aquarium Advice Regular
My AquaC Remora HOB with the MJ1200 is due to arrive on Tuesday. This will be my first skimmer. I have a 26 Gal bow front tank. Anything special I need to know or can I just follow the instructions?

Thanks...

Yeah... make sure you stand on one leg, jump up and down... all while juggling and chewing gum. :D

Nah... Aqua C is plug-n-play. Just open it up, set it up, and it's ready to run. Only thing to really adjust is the height of the collection cup. Of course read the directions, but it's super easy to setup. :lol:

Funny, I just got mine this past tuesday! All I've heard and read is to give it a good cleaning. Gets rid of some of the contaminants that are caused during manufacturing.
other than that keep it clean, use the brush that comes with it and get a toothbrush too.
HTH

It was easy to set up but I have zillions of bubbles coming back into the tank. The instructions say it is normal for the first couple weeks. I am in my second week.

I DO hope they go away.

It was easy to set up but I have zillions of bubbles coming back into the tank. The instructions say it is normal for the first couple weeks. I am in my second week.

I DO hope they go away.

Is your tank fully set up and stocked, or are you cycling? I have the AquaC urchin in my sump, and it produced SOME bubbles for about a week with 3 dead shrimp used for cycling. Now they're not noticeable, and if they are present at all my bubble trap seems to be helping. I'm not getting much in the cup - it's all the way down and I'm getting a thin, light brown liquid. I realize that I'll get more when I add the rest of the critters, but so far so good with respect to microbubbles after 2 weeks.

You made a good choice with the AquaC Remora protein skimmer! I installed one in my 46 gallon tank about two months ago. It took about 2 weeks for it to begin making a noticeable improvement in the water quality, so be patient with it. I have the band on the collection cup set about one inch down from the top. The bubble trap works well to eliminate tank bubbles. Be sure to keep up with water top-offs so the compartment in the bubble trap doesn't run dry.

The bubble trap works well to eliminate tank bubbles. Be sure to keep up with water top-offs so the compartment in the bubble trap doesn't run dry.

We've had the Aqua C skimmer for 2 months and it still runs a lot of micro bubbles. What is this bubble trap? I've never heard of it!

DJ

djmpj2 said:
The bubble trap works well to eliminate tank bubbles. Be sure to keep up with water top-offs so the compartment in the bubble trap doesn't run dry.

We've had the Aqua C skimmer for 2 months and it still runs a lot of micro bubbles. What is this bubble trap? I've never heard of it!

DJ

It's a black box that water pours into then into your PH then the return water flows into the other side fo the box and out the bottom, trapping all micro bubbles...

Yup thats what people are talking about. It is sold sperately. I plan on getting one, most of the DOC's are on the surface of the water so this would help. Plus no micro bubbles anymore.

Back
Top Bottom