AquaC Remora vs. CPR Bak Pak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dolphinsfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been running my tank with a CPR Bak Pak for over a year. Despite all my research on modifications and adjustments, I've come to some conclusions. It never has collected that much waste and the quality of foam is a watery green. I've got 2 occ. clowns, a royal gramma and a watchman gobie in my 26gal FOWLR so I know it is not for lack of bioload. Second, it is still loud as heck. After months of internal debate and looking in to other brands, i'm seconds away from buying an AquaC based on all the good things I have read on these forums. Any pros and cons?? Also, who do you recommend for an online retailer as I cannot find them locally?

What pump is on your CPR? I have the rio on mine and have never had an issue with noise or collection.

Do you clean the pump and the tube in the cup?

I have a Remora Pro with a Mag5 (at least I think it is a Mag5, it might be a Mag3) and it is noisy enough that I turn it off if I have friends over to watch a movie.

I can't comment on the skimmer as I have an ASM, but I can comment on captivereefs.com

They're awesome and very competitively priced......don't forget to type in "Aquariumadvice" in the coupon section for your discount too!

HTH

MaxiJets suck for skimmers. Before you switch skimmers, try a Rio 800RVT. I think they're relatively cheap. I have one on my Excaliber and it's flawless. If you decide you still want a different skimmer.........consider an Excaliber. I swear by it. (Go to Hiddenreef.com) or I'm reading a lot of good things on the new Coral Life Super Skimmer. The Remora Pro gets good and bad reviews and there are lots of threads on RC about them.

As to suppliers, I like to use the board sponsors/supporters.......I primarily use Premium Aquatics and Pet Solutions to service my aquarium needs. Again...flawless service. Others are good to.........look on vendor experiences on this board or RC. :)

Thanks. I ordered a Coralife super skimmer 65 yesterday. Read a lot of great reviews and it was less expensive. Anyone using one of these???

Back
Top Bottom