AquaClear 20 problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just bought a Aqua Clear 20 for my 10gallon to replace my old Whisper I had there. I have a AC 50 for my 30 and it runs great but the 20 seems to have a slight rattle in the impeller. Im going to let it run over night to see if it works it self out but I was wondering has anyone ever experienced this?

Is the tube pushed down all the way? That is a common problem, not pushing the tube down completly.

I pushed the tube down as hard as I can and tried removing the cover but the rattling seems to be down by the motor. I also just noticed an airspace in the pipe right above the impeller right under neath the flow control. I checked on ym AC50 and even on low there is no airspace. I think that airspace is creating a vortex in the pipe cause int impeller to wobble and make the noise, any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Well tried that and fixed the air pocket, no go still rattles. Im just going to send it back and get it replaced. I htink the impeller isnt properly balanced.

Definately return it if it is new. No reason to mess with it any more than you have already since you just got it.

Im not bothering with it till next week. Its a bummer that its not working right, I really like my AC 50 and was hoping to have another AC for my 10gal Betta, Neon Tetra tank.

Are you sure it's the impeller? I know you probably already checked this, but every time my ACs were noisy I found that it was the lid vibrating, and not anything about the filter itself. Does it still make noise when you remove the lid?

did you remove the motor, remove the impeller, and clean everything with q-tips?

a single, tiny grain of sand can make the AC scream like a wailing banshee.

Yup used a qtip, rinsed well everything. I thought it might be some crap from those ceramic bio things but got that thing clean and still no go.

Back
Top Bottom