AquaClear 50 noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Give it a few weeks to 'break in' and was previously mentioned you will hardly notice it, if at all. You will get used to the sound very quickly. It's the fact that your listening out for it, when your in the room, that makes it louder!!!

The good news about your questions is that you are probably not the only one with them. To call an Aquaclear filter relatively quiet is accurate. To call it silent is not. Nothing with moving parts iike this is totally silent. The resonance from the lid does amplify the very low hum of the motor. I'm not sure there are any HOB filters out there that are any quieter, though. You'll be pleased to know I set up my QT in the bedroom yesterday and I slept right though the quiet hum of the AC 30.

Give it a few weeks to 'break in' and was previously mentioned you will hardly notice it, if at all. You will get used to the sound very quickly. It's the fact that your listening out for it, when your in the room, that makes it louder!!!

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom