Aquaclear Impeller Shaft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nightshark

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does any one know where to get these for cheap? All I can find is $10-20 a piece shipped. That's ridiculous. Any ideas on what to use in it's place?

You might consider finding out which models use the same impeller and then look for a whole used functioning unit for the same price as that shipped impeller. Or call and ask each independent lfs if they have any for sale. Impellers. (though some stores sell used stuff too from trade ins) Sometimes they will buy stuff in bulk and have some spare stuff lying around. If they quote a "retail" price, politely ask if they would take a couple bucks less. :)

If it's because it's jammed try looking inside to see if there's anything there. A few times my filter stopped working so I opened it up to find a hair around the impeller. Otherwise, I think you might have to buy a new filter because I haven't seen just the shafts in store. :(

If it's because it's jammed try looking inside to see if there's anything there. A few times my filter stopped working so I opened it up to find a hair around the impeller. Otherwise, I think you might have to buy a new filter because I haven't seen just the shafts in store. :(

Not optimal, but not a bad result. If the original poster bought the same filter, then he'd have spares for anything else that broke on the current one.

Not optimal, but not a bad result. If the original poster bought the same filter, then he'd have spares for anything else that broke on the current one.

Yeah. I have an AQ50 (and long hair xD) so it tends to get caught sometimes and clogged. I was about to buy a new filter but I just took it to my LFS and they told me what to do. No other part has ever been broken.

if you have your box call the 800# on the box they most likely send you a free one (y)

I burn them up in my marine-land penguins they just sheer into 2 pieces never under stood why , but the vendor has me on a auto send every 2 months now , I guess they have a issue with them

Back
Top Bottom