Aquaglo 18000k bulb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hey gang,
This question is regarding my girlfriends 10 gallon tank. She's had the tank setup for a little over 2 months now. She has 2 kinds of rooted plants in it as well as 8 neons and 2 clown plecos. When she frist set up the tank she bought a hagen aquaglo 18,000K 15 watt NO bulb. Her lighting is ~10-12 hours a day. There is algae growing wild on her one kind of plant on its leaves. I was wondering if anyone uses these bulbs? Would buying a 6700K bulb be better for them and help diminish the algae since the algae seems to thrive more with a higher spectrum light?
TIA
-Stewie

Thanks for the reply toirtis. Is this bulb too hot in terms of degrees Kelvin (18,000) for the plants to flourish well?

Thanks again for the reply. I'm planning on building a diy canopy for my 10 gallon sometime this spring. I'm going to shoot for a 4.5 wpg setup with 3x 15 watt flourescent bulbs in it. maybe i'll put a sunglo, aquaglo, and another brand of "plant" light in there. I already have my mini c02 factory running with the substrate as flourite. Maybe the conjunction of all 3 bulbs i'm plannin to run will really help my plants out. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom