Aquaneon filter or Topfin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firestar234

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i bought a aquarium that came with a filter and i am displeased with its performance....i think the reason my water gets clowdy is partly because of the filter.....im looking at a Aqueon power filter does anyone have any experience with one of these filters?

I agree get the Aquaclear, they are great little machines, run well and lots of options for filter media.

What size tank do you have? I'd recommend AquaClear as well. I've had topfin, aquatech, aqueon, and aquaclear. Aquaclear by far blows all the other out of the water. My aqueon that I got with my 20H kit had constant problems losing its prime and water bypassing the filter altogether.

Aquaclear's media baskets are huge, I run mine with the foam, biomax rings, and polyfil. I don't use the carbon bags.

i bought the aqueneon mainly because it filtrates 100 gallons an hour...and it was in my price range....
im a kid and i dont have a job yet

I use both AquaClear and Aquaeon. They were both great filters and very helpful. The only complaint I have is I had to modify the Aquaeon myself so it could hang on to the tank.

i have 2 questions...
where can i purchase some shrimp and algae eaters?

and what is the best light to use..

Back
Top Bottom