aquarium heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

furiousgtz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got this heater with my tank i dont no if i need to put in tank. because i have fresh water tank? is yes then how mutch tempture.
heater.jpg

well i got two little goldfish in there its freshwater its a 10gallon

Ok for goldies the water temps are good 72-74 F.How hot is your tank without a heater? The nice thing about a heater is it regulates the temperature of the tank and no temp swings occur which can be stressful on fish.

I would use the heater and set the temp to 73-74. Are the goldies fancy or just regular goldies? Fancy goldfish do prefer temps a bit warmer than regular goldfish. Plus as I mentioned it keeps the temp stable.

I wouldn't even put it in if they are common goldfish. They are quite comfortable with that temp. Lower water temp means higher oxygen content, and less bacteria. Goldfish have higher oxygen requirements than most tropicals. That is a small tank for goldfish, and they will soon outgrow it. Daily temperature fluctuations will not bother them, as evidenced by fish kept in ponds, where there is a daily fluctuation. All my livebearer tanks are unheated. Temps range from 66F in summer to 71F in winter. Livebearers live longer at lower temps.

Back
Top Bottom