Aquarium lid leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bab5470

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a heated 20 gallon fresh water aquarium with a lid that flips open for feeding. It seems condensation is building up on the inside of the lid, and then leaking down the front of the tank since the lid isn't air tight against the glass of the tank. One solution might be to seal the lid to the top of my tank but I do need to remove the lid on a semi-regular basis to perform water cleaning so I'm not sure that is a solution

I've read that you can use condensation trays but to me that looks like another lid. So I'd have a lid beneath my lid? I assume the bottom lid collects the condensation preventing the top lid from getting wet (or at least as wet).

That sort of make sense but I'm not sure I understand how those are supposed to work. If I've got a lid under my lid how do I feed my fish without puling both lids off?

It seems like we're just replacing one issue (leaking tank) with another issue (having to disassemble/remove all the lids to feed my fish). Am I not understanding how the condensation tray works?

Thanks
Brad

Back
Top Bottom