Aquarium Light Timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could have just went to a hardware store and got any old timer for cheaper. And you would have been able to return it. I think you push down the time periods you want it on and then Turn the dial so that the arrow points at the current time upon setting.

Did any platic pins come with it, or like Crepe said, do you need to push down the pins next to the time on and time off setting you want?

Do that, then turn the dial to the current time and you should be set.

There are lots of little pins in a circle around the center of the timer. You'll have to raise these up to set your times. I believe mine came all in the "down" position and they were very difficult to raise the first time. If you want the light to come on at 9:00AM and go off at 5:00PM, you would raise all the pins between 9:00AM and 5:00PM. Your timer may be reversed so down is on and up is off.

There are lots of little pins in a circle around the center of the timer. You'll have to raise these up to set your times. I believe mine came all in the "down" position and they were very difficult to raise the first time. If you want the light to come on at 9:00AM and go off at 5:00PM, you would raise all the pins between 9:00AM and 5:00PM. Your timer may be reversed so down is on and up is off.

thanks, ill give it a shot.
but what r the arrow for? there 2 arrow i believe...

Timers like this are actually relatively simple mechanical devices. A clock motor turns the outside dial when the timer is plugged in. The pins have fingers on them to flip the "on" and "off" switches when they pass by.

The small black triangular arrow indicates what time it is. You set your timer by turning the dial so that the current time is at this black arrow.

The large white curved arrow indicates which direction the timer turns when plugged in.

I'm not sure why Pacman is there.

i think i got it right, ill leave it for now and see wat happen in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom