aquarium plant lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SryImABiologist

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello all, i had an aqueon full spectrum bulb and my plants were not growing, i just bought an aqueon floramax and im not seeing bubbles on my elodea anacharis. when i grow it in a seperate tank i use a 100W desk lamp and they would bubble and explode with growth, so is it working even with no bubbles?

Way more pieces to the puzzle than just light.

Can you tell us more about each setup?

Height of tank.
pH/kH/gH.
Fertilizer dosing.
Substrate.
Exact light being used.
Color spectrum of lights.
How long the lights are on.
CO2 or another source of carbon.
What plants are growing well vs poorly.
Water change schedule.

If it's growing and pearling (bubbles coming off plant leaves) in one tank and not in the other, there is a difference somewhere between the two, it could be the light, it could be something else.

Are you seeing new growth at least? Because if there is new growth, than you may be overthinking. Just sit back, relax and watch them grow ;)

Just looked into this question myself. I've seen ludwigia peraling in my tank few days ago, and I didn't see it on the next. As it stands peraling is not an indication of growth. There are also such things as "false pearling" and "streaming". Reading about it further I see some suggest that plant can take time to adjust to new light too.

Back
Top Bottom