Aquarium pump question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMyers18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a pump given to me by a friend and i think it is a small pool pump? It is made by Rule. It is a 1800GPH pump and i was wondering a couple things. One,is 1800GPH to much for a 125gal? Two,has any one heard or know anything about these pumps. Best i can find is that it is a pool cover pump?? But im not sure if it is designed for contiual use? I have had a Mag 9.5 in there for allmost two years with no trouble so i dont want to put a headache in there! It has a automatic shut off if the water gets to low :D And it says it is fully submersible in salt or freah water so...TIA

I would check the pond pump out a little more, it might have metal parts inside the pump itself which you dont want for SW. I have looked at the pond pumps not that brand i dont think but others and have found they have metal parts etc inside the chamber for water flow.

The info i found on it says it can be used in fresh or salt water so...My main question is 1800GPH to much for a 125gal? And are these pumps ment for continued use with never shutting off? It is not a pump specific for aquariums so...

Back
Top Bottom