"aquarium safe" silicone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgc0286

Aquarium Advice Freak
Iam resealing an aquarium. I bought some ALL GLASS silicone which is obviously aquarium safe. But it is so expensive. I saw on a website that "GE silicone I" is aquarium safe, and would save me some money. Does anyone have any experience using this product? Or should I just go with the ALL GLASS stuff?

go to a hardware store and get the one that doesn't have mold/mildew inhibitor, it will say aquarium safe on it somewhere... cost me $5 a tube

yes the ge silicone I is aquarium safe it is what i use HOWEVER let it cure for a long while at least 5 days

it doesn't say aquarium safe anywhere on it but it doesn't have the mildew chemical

Okay, thanks! I already picked some up. Need to return the $30 worth of All Glass silicone that I already bought.

yes i only use the GE ..but i did have an issue once when i only waited 48 hours to place a decor piece in my tank it must have still been leaching chemical cause all my Frontosas got float which is a stress related thing as soon as i pulled it out and took care of them hey all got over it in about 10 days after that i reintroduced the piece with no issues i wait 2 weeks just to be but i amsure if you wait 5- 7 days you should be fine ... (plus on that pirce i used 2 tubes .... lol )

Back
Top Bottom