aquarium seeler vapor in eyes help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mghslowell

Aquarium Advice Activist
so yesterday i was sealing the inner tube to my turbo twist uv sterilizer with aquarium sealer .. i wear contact lenses and when i let the cap off the sealer there was a massive vapor i cam einto air contact with it while sealing the tube that seals the bulb from the water but i also had the 9watt uv bulb on at the same time very cloee to my eye
about 4 hours later my left eye started to bother me so i removed the contact lense soon after the right one started botherin me

asi lay in bed both my eyes started to burn when closed. this was last night so all today the eyes were irritated i flushes=d them multiple times and its subsidng a little

has anyone ever had tis happen as well ? any advice on help ?

TIA

advice would be to contact the eye doctor as soon as possible tomorrow. Keep flushing until then.

While there are many experienced aquarists on this forum, I doubt we have a whole bunch of eye doctors on here! :)

That having been said, if you are the slightest bit concerned about it, DEFINITELY contact your eye doctor in the morning...or if you are very concerned about it, visit your local emergency room. When it comes to your body and especially important organs such as your eyes, I wouldn't play a guessing game with it.

Paul

When I was making the top I had on my 50 I got plexglass remnance in my eye it hurt so bad and would NOT come out but finally it did about 3 hours later. I though I was going to have to go to the ER. Of corse your situation is a little diffrent.

ok feeling a lot better well atleast my right eye left eye justa lil scratchy i was doing everything wrong haha good thing for online help !

The UV bulb in the sterilizer can burn your eyes also. You should never have it turned on unshielded especially when it is close to your eyes.

ok kids all set just got back from the eye doctor. everything is ok . just the remenants of a chemical burn from the aquarium sealer. no uv damage thank god. i totaly wasnt thinking. Uv-c = danger danger shoudl be 100% in a few days

Back
Top Bottom