Aquarium Trim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomasm87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive been reading other forums online and i understand that the trim is important on 100 gallon+ tanks. The large tanks are what everyone talks about but never about the tanks 60 gallon and smaller. Do tanks under 60 need the trim? or will it be fine without?

its not one of my tanks. Ive seen several with out tho. Thats why i ask. And i also watched a video on Youtube of someone making a tank and i said to myself "Oh i can do that." So if i do ever get around to making a tank guess ill make a trim for it as well.

But on the trimless tanks does the thickness of the glass make a difference? i wouldn't think? just the adhesive(silicone) right?

It's not the silicone, it's the thickness. Rimless tanks use much thicker glass. The trim (especially the bracing on larger tanks) prevents the glass from bowing out.

Ive never seen a tank blow out. does the glass bow out to the point where the silicone separates or glass shatter?

Back
Top Bottom