Aquascape ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BizzareKid

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank Is pretty boring so I was wondering if anybody had some ideas they could share.

Best advice is to look around and see what you like...Then from there you can decide what YOU personally like since everyone has different styles/tastes. Pretty much choose a nice substrate that you and you fish like....Size, color ect. Then choose some hardscape such has driftwood or rocks...Once again your fish might not like jagged rocks or may like lots of caves but you can choose color and size and lay-out then if you want planted choose some plants you like that will fit in with the rest of the scape...

Little side note. I like to keep my tank looking natural and often keep a theme to my tank such as browns and greys...Stuff you would find in the wild.

I like to make my tank match my room... Like a piece of art that compliments the style of the room it's in. I normally make mine kinda funky and modern lol

The x is made from slate I cut groves In to interlock, making a basic a-frame... Rock was from my brothers old tank, the white thing is a glass knot paper weight I got as a gift... The background are pieces of art I made over the years.... Lol.

Really, just like decorating anything else around your home, make it your own... Some people will agree with ur vision and love it, others may hate it... Make it yours, you're the one who has to look at it everyday!! :p have fun!

Attachments

• image-4160934020.jpg
    image-4160934020.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 99
I think its really boring.

I like it, the background looks good. There is a good amount of empty space, I like to just kinda keep it a certain way until I see something and think like "thank would look good n my tank."

Like I guess what I'm trying to say is u can always add to it, no big rush. I think it would look cool with something tall in it... It would give it some balance. Like for example Tall skinny decoration on left side, short fat decoration in the middle, and tall and skinny on right... Or short on left, tall n the middle, short on right...

If you don't want to spend $ u can do old glass bottles or jars (beer/liquor or cream soda/rootbeer if ur under 21 lol). Some cool river rocks or stones (clean it and google it to make sure it's aquarium safe)...

I'm sure you can find some decorations online for cheap too. Was on YouTube looking at aquariums today and saw a volcano connected to a bubbler that had a built in red LED light. That looked cool. Lights are a cool way to spice things up, or like I just said bubble wands or whatever.

Keep us posted on what u do with it, looks good so far tho

Back
Top Bottom