Aquatic Life 6 bulb T5HO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
Anyone use these units? I'm running a coralife 4 bulb T5HO currently on my 36 bowfront tall tank. It uses 31 watt bulbs and I am unable to get the bulbs I want in this size. Ordered 36 watt bulbs believing that 31 do not exist. Unsure of if I want to return the bulbs or keep them and upgrade my unit. Ordered some SPS, which are currently in my tank, and want them to thrive rather than die.

Concern is that even though I have some LPS in my tank that are doing well, my candy cane frag continues to bleach. I have had it in all heights in my tank and unable to solve the issue, so thinking I need more light? Even though it seems to be the case, when I come home from work my sandbed is covered in red algae. I feed minimally every other day trying to resolve this issue. Have actinics are on from 8-6 and 10ks 10-2.

The cyano and the candy cane are symptoms of 2 different issues. If you like sps, Especially acropora, I suggest you get the 6 lamp fixture. Check out current nova extreme pro fixtures also.

Mr x suggested that fixture for me to and I was very excited because it's for my 75gallon that will eventually be up! My only thing was it said not to put it under a canopy so that was out! I really love my canopy! And it's very reasonably priced!

The reason why is because the fans are on the side, not on top. I think a snug canopy will restrict the fans.

mr_X said:
The reason why is because the fans are on the side, not on top. I think a snug canopy will restrict the fans.

Probably. I figured it would get to hot for the light setup and cause problems

Back
Top Bottom