aquatop heaters bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joel618

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im considering getting an aquatop 300w. It is super cheap so I figured there may be some issues with it. Anyone know anything about them?

I have a friend that has 2 aquatop 500uv's he bought off of koi enterprises website for 110 each. He swears by them, but IMO, the product felt cheap. They edges had lots of plastic splinters and the piping was pretty bad. His flow rate was around 300-350gph (compared to my Rena Xp3) even tho it's rates at close to 550. I guess the uv is good, but then again, it kill the good bacteria as well. For the price tho, I guess you cant go wrong. Not promoting them but I think koi enterprises will warranty 1 year and if you call they sometimes offer free shipping. Im a Rena guy because the customization in media is limited by your imagination, and in the long run, it is cheaper. Good luck!

joel618 said:
Im considering getting an aquatop 300w. It is super cheap so I figured there may be some issues with it. Anyone know anything about them?

I have a 300w or 250w ( can't remember) in my 29g and I set it and it keeps temp great so far... I had to recalibrate it on day 2 but since then I have no complaints

they are really cheap on Amazon.com

Readingexcalibur said:
I have a friend that has 2 aquatop 500uv's he bought off of koi enterprises website for 110 each. He swears by them, but IMO, the product felt cheap. They edges had lots of plastic splinters and the piping was pretty bad. His flow rate was around 300-350gph (compared to my Rena Xp3) even tho it's rates at close to 550. I guess the uv is good, but then again, it kill the good bacteria as well. For the price tho, I guess you cant go wrong. Not promoting them but I think koi enterprises will warranty 1 year and if you call they sometimes offer free shipping. Im a Rena guy because the customization in media is limited by your imagination, and in the long run, it is cheaper. Good luck!

I actually have had one of these filters for a couple of weeks. Im very pleased with it. I decided to keep the uv off for the most part. I just don't want a heater to freak out and kill my fish.

Readingexcalibur said:

the original poster is talking about heaters, why are you talking about filters?

Back
Top Bottom