Aqueon 55/75 HOB Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatsCrayFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought one of these for my new 55 gallon tank to run along with my existing 50 HOB, I plugged it in and it worked fine, I came back 30 minutes later and it's off, I took it apart, rinsed the prop, still nothing, not hot, not making sounds, nothing. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong/have happened?

55 - Setup no water yet/soon to be cichild tank

46 - Livebearer/Marmorkreb tank

20 - Cobalt Blue Lobster Tank

This is probably not helpful, but I've had two Aqueon HOB filters just crap out on me. One after about 5 days and the other a week later. And they were literally just running on empty tanks with plain water doing a fishless cycle in my basement. There was nothing in the tanks to clog them up or any other discernible reason for them to stop working.

I ended up buying two Marineland Emperor 400s on black Friday to replace them which have been running great for several weeks now.

Return it for a new one or ac 70;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I actually was able to fix myself, if anyone ever has a problem, if you disconnect the motor part, there's also a small compartment on the bottom which contains a rubber plug around the center of the prop,if you plug it in and pull that bottom cover off a little it will loosen the prop, I called aqueon it seems to be an extremely common problem, the prop just gets stuck and they stop working for no apparent reason. Thank you for the replies though!

55 - Soon to be Cichild tank
46 - Livebearer/Marmorkreb tank
20 - Cobalt Blue Lobster Tank
10 - Betta Tank

Back
Top Bottom