Aqueon 55 / 75 making noise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my Aqueon 55 / 75 for approximately 2 years. Just recently it has become slightly noisy. Is there some maintenance I should perform on it to prevent any type of breakage?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So do I need to purchase a new filter?

Have you ever cleaned the impeller at all? If not, cleaning it may be the solution for you. Mine was making noise at one point until I did the same.

Have you ever cleaned the impeller at all? If not, cleaning it may be the solution for you. Mine was making noise at one point until I did the same.

How do you get to the impeller to clean it?

Drain the filter, then pull the motor off, it should twist off the bottom then the impeller is held in there by a magnet just pull it out

Thanks for the info. I think I wanna just tell my husband that it's gonna break so I can buy the fluval C4, hehe.:D

It is good to know how to get at the impeller. Sometimes debris can clog it up and it is better to be able to immediately get the pump going again not to mention a lot cheaper. A new impeller might fix the noise and you can get one for $10 or so sometimes cheaper. But sometimes 2 years is just the life of the motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I heard very highly of these and got one 2 weeks ago, after about a week it just shut off right in front of me. Never could figure out why.

Caleb

~10g tiger barbs
~45g ick problems/loach and 5 tetras left.
~75g going to be African cichlids

Back
Top Bottom