Aqueon or python water changer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katrinag

Aquarium Advice Regular
I haven't used an automatic water changer before. I am upgrading to a 75 gal freshwater community tank with ecocomplete as the substrate. The height will be 21" and believe I would need an extension either way. I am making myself crazy trying to decide. What do you use and/or recommend?

If the price difference isn't a big deal to you get the Python. The hose is much more flexible and overall it's just a little higher quality IMO.

If the price difference isn't a big deal to you get the Python. The hose is much more flexible and overall it's just a little higher quality IMO.

Thank you. I haven't ordered anything yet. Any suggested accessories? I noticed suggestions for a brass adapter and a siphon on amazon

It comes with a brass adapter (another nice thing about the Python). The package will have everything you need...no accessories necessary.

With an inexpensive unit, like my vacuum syphon from a big box pet store, the hose friction "fittings" tend to become loose. When they pop off during use, it's a frigging mess.

After adding four metal hose clamps, it would be have cheaper to buy a better unit.

Back
Top Bottom