Aqueon Water Changer Adapter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I made the stupid mistake of tightening my plastic Aqueon faucet adapter too tight to the faucet. Now to remove it, I am going to ruin the threads. I know there is an 'official' aqueon metal adapter available. I have read of people going to their hardware store and getting the metal adapter fairly cheap. For me to purchase the 'official' adapter and ship it from the US is almost as expensive as the whole changer, which I also shipped from the US???. Anyway can anyone please send me a link to a site or if they bought it from Ebay/Amazon, a link to the page, I would be very grateful. I tried ALL the hardware stores in my town and online and can't seem to find one that fits. Apparently the US threads(on the adapter!!) are very slightly different...
The plastic adapter that comes with the aqueon fits my faucet perfectly, so I just need a metal version of the plastic one...
PS... I tried Home Depot online, they don't deliver internationally:nono::nono:

Is it still on? I had that happened to me a few times but if you look at the bottom you can put the end of the spoon and unscrew it for now. Really, anything the fits at the bottom of it. Trust me it works

Is it still on? I had that happened to me a few times but if you look at the bottom you can put the end of the spoon and unscrew it for now. Really, anything the fits at the bottom of it. Trust me it works
Cheers Rare. I tried that earlier and can't get it to budge. I ended up wrecking the thread underneath. Not having a good day!!. If I try and loosen the faucet adapter with a spanner, I am going to ruin the threads for sure. I found the brass adapter for the python. It looks similar size to the aqueon brass adapter but 1/3 the price, for me anyway. Do you think it would fit the aqueon???.
Python Brass Faucet Adaptor Adapter Free Shipping to The USA | eBay

Hi, I made the stupid mistake of tightening my plastic Aqueon faucet adapter too tight to the faucet. Now to remove it, I am going to ruin the threads. I know there is an 'official' aqueon metal adapter available. I have read of people going to their hardware store and getting the metal adapter fairly cheap. For me to purchase the 'official' adapter and ship it from the US is almost as expensive as the whole changer, which I also shipped from the US???. Anyway can anyone please send me a link to a site or if they bought it from Ebay/Amazon, a link to the page, I would be very grateful. I tried ALL the hardware stores in my town and online and can't seem to find one that fits. Apparently the US threads(on the adapter!!) are very slightly different...
The plastic adapter that comes with the aqueon fits my faucet perfectly, so I just need a metal version of the plastic one...
PS... I tried Home Depot online, they don't deliver internationally:nono::nono:

Literally same thing I did ! Why is there no squared off piece for players to grab to instead of just threads design flaw

Sorry to say that I did not know if it will fit....
I think I might have found a solution:dance:. The top piece goes into the faucet, then the middle piece goes into the faucet adapter, then that piece goes into the main piece. Sorry if I'm not painting a good picture but I'll post a picture tomorrow, if it works... Fingers crossed it does :whistle::whistle:

Back
Top Bottom