Aqueon Water changer - doesn't stay attached to vacuum attachment!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It appears to be impossible to do what Aqueon suggested, the threads are 1/2" larger in diameter than the hose itself, stretching PVC hose to twice it's own diameter is not that easy. I've returned the water changer and ordered a Marina Clean no spill changer system instead. It appears to have the hose permanently attached to the gravel tube with the hose screwing together further down. it looks more reliable, plus it has brass fittings and an 18" gravel tube instead of the 11" Aqueon. Only $10 more. Basically identical design to the Python, just a different brand.

Thanks for the help anyway everyone.

I know I'm a little late here but on my aqueon it has a plastic clamp that clips over the hose at the gravel vac end and I've never had a problem. As far as stretching hose it can be done by dunking the end to be stretched into boiling water to make it more pliable. Personally if it only happens when filling the tank I probably wouldn't care much personally I'd just take it off before filling. Anyways hope your new system works better for ya.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I'm sure your problem was the hosing wasn't pushed all the way up. I confirmed that the other day when I did my water change. If you can't get the hose up all the way, try what kdpuffer recommended. I had to do this to get 5/8" hosing on to a 3/4" nipple the other day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom