Arcylic Lily Pipe Spin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arget

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know where to get an acrylic lily pipe spin? I can't find one, and I doubt that I'd be able to make it myself. I haven't ever seen the spin in acrylic, only glass, but I don't trust glass for an outflow. It's for a 55g Apistogramma tank, so they need very little current.

Sorry I don't know what "pipe spin" is, but the only lilly pipes I've seen were either stainless or glass.

Acrylic Lily Pipe Spin

I've heard of them, but I've never actually seen one for sale. In this current environment, even glass lily spin pipes are hard to find.

I'm curious to know what you don't trust about glass outflows as I currently have 2 on my 55G Discus Tank? I'm a newb who enjoys learning all I can about this awesome! hobby.

I've never had a glass outflow. The idea of the shapes is good, but the material isn't. It just seems much to risky to me. Shipping glass also makes me a bit nervous, glass is so fragile and easy to break.

I don't know what type of glass LP's are made of but some types of glass are VERY resistant to shattering. The packaging of my stainless LP's was pretty nice even though they might not have needed it as much as glass.

Back
Top Bottom