Are these craigslist deals good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corrado33

Aquarium Advice Freak
So... I was browsing craigslist, and apparently I'm picking up a 55 gallon tomorrow for $40. Is that a good deal? I've been told it has no leaks, and I don't really care if the silicon is messed up (I'm pretty handy, a little silicon application is easy peasy).

I also might pick up a 20 gallon long for 10 bucks... good deal? Thanks!

EDIT: Nothing else comes with the tanks...

If they're in good shape then id say yeah they're killer deals

Sweet! I haven't gotten a hold of the 20 gallon long people yet, and the listing is a bit old, but I'll try again tomorrow. I've already scheduled to pick up the 55. I just need a vehicle to do so, I don't think it'll fit in my corrado...

BTW... define "Good Shape".

I tend to invest things that are a little beat up sometimes, thinking I can fix them. I often do, but time is worth money too.

Glass is not chipped,deeply scratched or cracked in any way. If you are going to reseal it then the silicone doesn't matter but I would inspect the bracing and make sure its not cracked or broken too. Other than that its nothing vinegar a razorblade and elbow grease can't take care of

I think you can find some pretty good deals on craigslist. I usually keep my eye out for as much as I can get for as little but still in decent shape . Usually if you watch for a while you can get some pretty good deals. I would def buy a 55 for 40$, they are waaaay more than that in the store!

"I don't think it'll fit in my corrado..." Haha, just put in on the roof. LOL 40 is a good deal and your time with the hobby is relaxation time anyway.
Have fun, that's what it's all about anyway.

"I don't think it'll fit in my corrado..."

You'd be surprised what you can fit in such a small car. I actually measured it, and IF I can get it IN the car, it will fit. If it doesn't fit... I'll just bring my sister's jetta or her father in law's element.

I dont know the corrado, but most cars on the market will fit a 4' wide 55 gallon easily. At least I can in my 3 series.

Get a truck like my truck!
img_1111575_0_0a1d4f6c18e1ce1a057ea42072dadfaa.jpg

Well.. I'M ALIVE! I SURVIVED A CRAIGSLIST ENCOUNTER!!!!! Har har I kid. I did get the tank though. I picked it up in a toyota corolla. It fit fine. It's dirty, and the rim needs to be repainted, but it looks good. For 40 bucks I didn't expect anything perfect. It's dirty as all heck though, and I don't intend to set it up any time soon, but I'll have it for the future.

I'll have to build a stand first. My friend said "Why don't you just put it on that table over there?", as they pointed to a table with four legs about an inch in diameter. I laughed and said "Do you know how much water weighs?"

Pics will be up tomorrow, as I just got back from watching Ironman 2. I agree with the critics, it's not as good as the first, but still a must see. I loved it.

Back
Top Bottom