ATO question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jozefsanders

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have set up a new tank and was wanting a ATO but I have no sump just and external filter and HOB skimmer and I want he ATO to be on the floor

My question is- will the ATO pump reach my tank from the floor its 165cm from floor to top of the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It can if you make it. Your float switch will be on the display tank though and it will be very easy for snails to get in there and jam it open...leading to an overflow.

My tank is weird as it was supposed to be for tropical fish but I said why not and there is a rim so I can't put anything like around the corner of the tank so maybe a non moving part with the wire on the outside. I will figure it out.

The ATO on the display will really make the top of the tank look really cluttered with wires and equipment.

IME my guests would notice the cluttered tank rim instead of the colorful corals in my tank. That was kind of annoying, so I got a sump.

Yes a good pump will get your water from a bucket on the floor to over your rim.

Back
Top Bottom