Automatic feeder for live food/frozen food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i am aware of the feeders out there for flaky food, such as the ones made by Eheim. But since some of my freshwater fish require live food/frozen food, i really run into a dilemma when i'm gone for more than 1 week. I'm trying to feed my fish freeze-dried bloodworms for now. Just wondering about this subject ever since i got these specialty fish.

does this thing exist? or am i chasing after a holy grail?

if a DIY project is available, i would also like to see it.

I think the Eheim will be ok w/ freeze dried (think astronaut ice cream)...but for frozen or live...you might need to have it premeasured in a weekly pill box and have someone stop over.

I think the Eheim will be ok w/ freeze dried (think astronaut ice cream)...but for frozen or live...you might need to have it premeasured in a weekly pill box and have someone stop over.

yes, i understand that, which is why i'm troubled or facing this dilemma. I saw one episode of Tanked where the costumer had a robot that can be programmed. but obviously i have no such kind of money and was just wondering if anyone out there has come up with a solution for people who are on vacation.

ps. some lfs offer home visit, but that's not the option i'm looking for.

yes, i understand that, which is why i'm troubled or facing this dilemma. I saw one episode of Tanked where the costumer had a robot that can be programmed. but obviously i have no such kind of money and was just wondering if anyone out there has come up with a solution for people who are on vacation.

ps. some lfs offer home visit, but that's not the option i'm looking for.

You could build something from a RasPi or Arduino, but keeping it cold and retrieving from the freezer will be tough. I would use a friend or coworker over a random LFS employee...

You could build something from a RasPi or Arduino, but keeping it cold and retrieving from the freezer will be tough. I would use a friend or coworker over a random LFS employee...

yeah, except i don't have anyone live nearby. i live in the middle of no where to be honest. i rent a small apartment for my job and takes me really long to go to my actual home, so no one is dependable here.

i will look into Raspi or arduino, provided i find the websites. i've not heard about them before

my friend suggested this. i like how it has compartments for each portion of food, at least what it seems to me. the description of the product doesn't provide much detail as to how it works. anyone has experience with this?

FISH MATE AUTO FISH FEEDER
20701300px.jpg

Back
Top Bottom