Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jfran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does it look better to have a background for a tank that is up against a wall or not?
Here is mine but I am contemplating takin off the background.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453148301.483457.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

That looks cool but it's all personal preference. Most people paint the back black. Makes everything pop

Ok thanks. Would a plain black background do the same (as in using paper or plastic instead of paint)?

From my experience it varies. I've used the black vinyl plastics before and it tends to show imperfections and I'm a perfectionist. You can find black sticker vinyls that will look great if you get all the air bubbles out! To me it's always easier to paint it with a few cans of spray paint

I have dont black craft paper myself and it worked well. The vinyl is a bit of a pain, so is the aquarium gell as I just found out. Its worth it if you go that route. Vege oil works just as well ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used a black foam board available from the big box stores and craft supply stores , It is 3/16 thick and cuts easily with a utility knife. Figured the little layer of insulation it provides can't hurt in helping with maintaining tank temperature , and it's foam so wont be effected if it should get some water on it

I've always used an aquarium background of plants or something when against a wall. I've preferred to have some backing there to block out the wall or window.

Here's the new background and substrate: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454129045.943224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom