Ballast problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyrules

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I seem to have a small problem with my lighting in my aquarium . I dont know if the problem is the ballast itself or the neon tubes but it doesn't want to turn on. Does the ballast turn on when only one tube is working or is it not ? Because everything seem dead.

thank.

well with my lighting (coralife PC setup) it sends power through even if a bulb is dead or not plugged in to run the fans associated on the unit. Do you have any replacement bulbs to try out? or perhaps a working bulb froma different socket to pop in and test

i`ve tried switching tubes from socket but no success. I dont have any replacement tubes neither. So i have a bad feeling about this and i really think my ballast is dead. It contains 2 neon tubes no fan. It's a simple 2 neon set. It's not that complicated inside there i might try to repair it myself.
if anybody else has any insight they would be welcome as well. thanks

The tubes are ok. I`ve went to a fish store and the guy there tested them with a device that lights them. It's or the ballast or the starter. I`ll have to go to my LFS for parts.

Back
Top Bottom