barely any flow on a fluval 306

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gravereaper0

Aquarium Advice Freak
Came home today after being away for about 2 weeks, checked on the tank, and the Fluval 306 I got on black Friday barely has any flow. It just trickles out of the output. I thought the media was clogged but it didn't look too dirty, but I rinsed everything out anyways, put it back together but no change. Checked the impeller looks fine. What's going on? I got fine sponges in the bottom basket, Bio rings in the middle, and in top basket more Bio rings in one half and ammo chips in the other, so the media shouldn't be a factor.

i dont know much about canister filters but on my biowheel hob my flow kept stopping and i couldnt figure it out but the magnet on the impeller slid out of position causing it to not push water as fast it was wierd i just moved it back into position and it works great been about 2 years since.. maybe that could be your issue or a clog in your intake or return

You just have to rule out things on at a time. Try taking everything out of the filter and running it empty. If that isn't it check the hoses to see if they are clogged. Check where the hoses attach to the canister. Something could be in either the hoses or the valves where the hoses connect to the body.

Came home today after being away for about 2 weeks, checked on the tank, and the Fluval 306 I got on black Friday barely has any flow. It just trickles out of the output. I thought the media was clogged but it didn't look too dirty, but I rinsed everything out anyways, put it back together but no change. Checked the impeller looks fine. What's going on? I got fine sponges in the bottom basket, Bio rings in the middle, and in top basket more Bio rings in one half and ammo chips in the other, so the media shouldn't be a factor.

I had the same issue with my old 404 ... check the impeller cover. On my old 404, one of the clips kept coming loose with would cause a vibrating rattle and a decrease in flow.

Back
Top Bottom