Battery Powered Air Stone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
I love the look of a bubble wall or even just a small tube of bubbles going up in the tank. I think it looks really nice.
Bubble%20Disk%20Airstone.jpg

However, I cannot really purchase that whole setup with the pump, tubing, etc. as I just don't have any room to store the pump or all that technical stuff. So, I was wondering if there is even such thing as a battery powered air stone... that would be perfect. Just wondering, thanks :)

Look for air pumps designed for fishing bait buckets. Some run on D batteries, others on AAs.

A battery powered pump takes up just as much room as a plug in pump, and uses tubing. The only thing missing is a cord and plug. And it will only last a few hours. So unless I am misunderstanding your question, it would not be any "improvement" over a regular air pump.

Or are you looking for an airstone alone that is battery powered? I have never seen anything like that. And if they do exist, you would still need tubing to get the air down to the stone.....and put batteries under water...

Back
Top Bottom