Benefits of a power head...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are they? It will be in a 55g planted aquarium housing angels, gourami, cories, and a school of something undecided...

Powerheads basically moves water. Add it to your tank to increase the current. Some tanks have dead areas where there is no current. Put a powerhead into those tanks for circulating the whole tank. Circulating the whole tank is good for big messy fish and important for saltwater tanks (live rocks and corals).

I have a 55g with the Aqueon 55/75 rated for up to 90g. My water moves pretty good better when the power head is on. Will angels and gouramis be ok with this kind of current?

I love my power head in my 75g African tank and so do the fish. It helps move water and keeps debris from settling on the bottom.

So convict I have my filter towards the right side of my tank right now and I put the power head in the left lower corner. Does that sound about right?? I'm sorry if that's a silly question! I've never had to wonder if I needed it:/ it came with the tank I bought...

hcourts said:
So convict I have my filter towards the right side of my tank right now and I put the power head in the left lower corner. Does that sound about right?? I'm sorry if that's a silly question! I've never had to wonder if I needed it:/ it came with the tank I bought...

Sounds good. I have mine the same way. Power head on left filter intake more to the right. My power head is angled to have the center of the glass front.

Back
Top Bottom