Best and safest way to mix water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am getting my 80gal up and goin soon and tryin to determine how in the world I am goin to mix water with salt - I was thinkin of buyin a big trash can and puttin a PH to help mix and then using one of my pumps to get the water in the water.....love to hear what others do with this size or close

Most mix water in garbage cans and use PH to mix it. I also have a heater in mine so when I do water changes it is at the right temp.
For start ups you can mix the salt in your tank before you add any LR or LS.

For start ups you can mix the salt in your tank before you add any LR or LS.

This is what I did with my tank. If you are just starting the tank, save yourself all the hassle, and just mix in your tank. After that though, for water changes and such, mixing in a rubbermaid container is a fine idea.

I use a Rubbermaid BRUTE 20 gal container to mix sw for water changes. All the BRUTE products are food grade so no chance of them leaching anything into the water.

I use a rubbermaid as well. I ussually do 15-20gal at a time. Let it age with a powerhead, heater and airstone for 24-48hrs.

Back
Top Bottom