Best canister for a 26g tank? Filstar Vs Eheim Vs Fluval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have owned an old school Eheim 2217 for 4 years now and I purchased it USED.

It is still running excellent!!

I always say never too much filtration. I strongly recommend getting twice as much filtration as you have tank volume.

For example, if you have a 55 Gallon Tank, get enough filtration for 100 gallons.

This will enable you to stock up on media within a single canister. This will eliminate the need for multiple filters with different media.

I just purchased 2 more eheims for two other tanks. Eheim's 2227 and 2229 for two tanks I'm converting over to salt.

The old School eheim has kept my 55 gallon crystal clear and WAS the only saltwater tank I have.

I turned my 45 gallon eclipse into salt recently and noticed immediately that the bio wheel filter is clearly not enough for salt.

This is the reason I ordered the eheim.

I have never used a Fluval or Filstar but I firmly believe in you get what you pay for. Just the construction of the eheim is superior. This is an investment. Don't skimp on filtration.

IMO, Eheim, Eheim, Eheim.
Apart from getting a excellant filter, the after service is second to none (spares etc...)

Back
Top Bottom