Best Co2 Regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmyhetten9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone!

I've set up a new tank and just finished cycling. I've been dosing Co2 daily with a DIY setup and it's going great. However, I'm already ready to switch to something more regular and get rid of the DIY setup. Been researching regulators but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend one in particular.

I really want a regulator with a solid solenoid and needle valve so that I'm not worry about end of tank dump or pressure fluctuations each day. I want something I can set-up and trust! I'm happy to pay a decent amount for quality and piece of mind. Any recommendations?

Setup below:

38 gallon
Planted pretty heavily
Fluval 306 filtration
Finnex Ray 2; 7k
CO2 daily
Freshwater; temp around 78 degrees
Eco complete substrate with fertilizer underneath

I've been looking at the CarbonDoser Electronic Co2 Regulator. Anyone have it?

thanks,

James

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 51
I have a gla choice regulator and have had zero problems with it in the year I've had it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also have a GLA choice. The needle valves leaked at first, but I sent them an email and they promptly replaced the regulator with better needle valves. The system works great now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I didn't want to hear about your needle valve leaking. haha

I've heard nothing but good things about GLA and it sounds like the customer service is top notch. Now I just have to wait for them to build it and that's going to be hard. :)

I also got an Atomic Co2 diffuser. The mist that comes out of those things looks so fine which I'm excited to try out.

James

Man, I didn't want to hear about your needle valve leaking. haha

I've heard nothing but good things about GLA and it sounds like the customer service is top notch. Now I just have to wait for them to build it and that's going to be hard. :)

I also got an Atomic Co2 diffuser. The mist that comes out of those things looks so fine which I'm excited to try out.

James
Well, I ordered the Choice with the little Fabco needle valves. They leaked...bad. I lost about 400 lbs in my 5 pound tank. I sent them an email and complained. GLA upgraded me to the Primo regulator at no extra cost. It is basically the same one as the Choice but has the "better" NV-55 needle valves. I am up and running now so all is well. They stand behind their products so don't worry. I also got the Atomic diffuser and check valve. it works great! However, in the future I may try the In-line diffuser and attach it to the intake of my Eheim canister. I purchased the diffuser because I did not want to cut the intake hose, but I have read reviews from other people saying the inline is far more efficient at dispersing CO2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom