Best Filter is? Fluval Osaka aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigCDubya

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey All,

Just wanted to get other opinions on 3 different things.

First: Which brand and model of canister filters do you recommend and why?

Second: What are your thoughts and opinions on the Fluval Osaka aquariums? What are some pros and cons in your opinion?

Third: What canister filter would you recommend for the Osaka 320? Its a about 85 gallons.

Thanks look forward to your thoughts.

From what I've seen of the Osaka aquariums, they're pretty deep, but not very long. I'm sure there are some fish that like deep water, but none that I'm aware of. Also, if you wanted to plant one, I think it'd take a lot of light power to penetrate that deep.

They are neat looking though! XD

Getting a solid answer on a recommended filter is hard. I absolutely love my two fluval canisters (305 and 405), they're super quiet and do a great job. Alot of people also like the rena xp canisters, though i've never tried one. I've also got an eheim canister, and although it does a great job, I hate the way it goes together, and is sometimes a pain to prime (not to mention they're very expensive)...

I have rena xp3's and recently bought an eheim 2217. Both do a great job and would be good for your 85G tank. The Rena is easier to clean and change the filter material and the Eheim seems to be quieter and better flow. Both are great filters though. I had a fluval but I wouldn't give an opinion since the one I got was used and I dont know if it worked properly. My advice would be to not go with a cheap canister. You will be dissapointed and end up buying a better one eventually anyway.

Back
Top Bottom