Best Heater ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

outlawpc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There are a lot of heaters out in the market place. . .

Reliability seems to be a factor for many. . .

Would welcome suggestions on who makes the most dependable heaters in the 100 to 200 watt range.

Thanks!

Ebo Jager makes the absolute best heaters! :D I've got one that's close to ten years old and is STILL going strong.

I also like the new Deluxe Visitherms-- although if I had to pick between the two, I'd definitely go with the Ebo Jager.

I like my ebo as well - it is very heavy and solid feeling, and the temperature on the dial is the actual temperature it will hold the water at!

I also have a renacal, which is covered in a factory black/gray camoflague paint job that helps it 'blend in' to the surrounds a lot better. (the ebo with it's nickel plated heating coil is very bright and shiney!) The heater is also very heavy feeling and works well, but it's temperature gauge is not calibrated properly... the actualy temp is several degrees warmer than the setting. I have tried two and they both have the problem.

My next heater will probably be a titanium heater with separate thermo probe and external controller ... I can't believe the price is only a big higher than a traditional glass heater.

How big is your tank?

Size of the tank(s) is not really relevant, because I use 2 lower wattage heaters in a tank versus one high wattage. The reason is if one fails, I still have the 2nd to carry on, until I can replace the failed unit or get a replacement.

That was why I specified the wattage, but certainly appreciate your interest since lower and higher wattage heaters from the same company may not perform equally

My next heater will probably be a titanium heater with separate thermo probe and external controller

You might want to check on some of the feedback on titanium heaters. Much of what I've read is that dependability may be lacking. . . I'm not sure why, but they seem to function for only a few months. At least this is the perception that the feedbacks gave.

The BEST heaters (IMHO) are the Titanium heaters from Won Brothers - their temp accuracy is spot-on, and they are DURABLE! I've had several glass heaters shatter on me and will never buy another one. I got two of the titaniums last year and HIGHLY recommend them to everyone. You can get them either directly from Won Brothers (www.wonbrothers.com), or search the net on the model numbers to get a better price. They are DEFINITELY worth it (and they can be cheaper than glass heaters as well.

--- Dragon77

Back
Top Bottom