Best heater for 125 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
As the topic says, I have a 125 gallon tank (no sump) that needs to be heated. For redundancy, and because the tank is so long, it seems like 3-4 heaters would be my best bet.

Money isn't really a factor, so what is the best of the best, and where can I buy it? Inline heaters would be fine, but should be compatible with a rena filstar XP3.

I would highly recommend the ETH 300w inline heater. I've got a 125G with two XP3s (well, now Eheims) and an ETH heater on both pumps. They are superb. Nothing ugly in the tank and you never have to worry about cracking a glass heater. Worth every penny :)

$90 later I have a pair of heaters on their way to my house. Though I said money was not a consideration, I had a secret $100 limit. Job well done.

You'll absolutely love them. I've seen them raise the temp of my 125G five degrees in one hour. Pretty amazing. And you don't have to turn them off, even if your hoses are dry/empty. They use some kind of polymer heating element that won't crack as long as you don't run them for days on end with no water. Pretty bulletproof (and kind of cool looking too :p ).

I run 1 XP3 and ETH 300 on my 75G and it does awsome. No temp fluctuations either, keeps the temp very stable. And as for treating ick? Got to be careful when turning them up, as travis stated above, they can raise the temp rather quickly. :)

I concur with LWB - totally rock solid temps with virtually no fluctuation. I can't imagine a better heater. They're all I'll ever buy from now on.

I agree with both Travis and LWB - I bought one on their prior recommendations and am totally satisfied with it.

Back
Top Bottom